It’s time for the Yvolution Y Velo Flippa 4-in-1 Toddler Trike Review. We got this for our son who is about to turn 3 years old.
Buy it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Xe76pz
The Y Velo Flippa keeps up with your child and now comes with a parent steering handlebar. This allows you to control the speed and direction until you are comfortable to allow your kid to cruise at their own speed in trike mode. Simply ‘twist and flip’ to transform this mega trike into a two wheeled balance bike in seconds. Just take off the pedals and they’re ready to go. The Y Velo Flippa is one of the most versatile bikes out there for preparing kids for life on two wheels.
- FOUR WAYS TO RIDE: 1) Push trike mode with handle for easy steering 2) Tricycle for kids 3) Push bike with parent steering 4) Balance bike.
- ‘TWIST AND FLIP’: Parents can easily press a button, flip the two rear wheels inward and convert to Balance Bike mode in seconds.
- REMOVABLE PEDALS – Parents can remove the pedals and store them neatly under the bike’s seat.
- ADJUSTABLE SEAT & HANDLEBARS: Adjustable seat grows with your child, suitable for children from 2 to 5 years up to 44lbs (20kg).
- DESIGNED FOR SAFETY – Larger wheels and higher ground clearance are designed for safer play and easier riding on uneven surfaces. Three-wheel design guarantees more stability for beginners who are not good at keeping balance
The design is great and feels heavy duty enough to handle a 3 year old. The downside is that it’s just a little too tall for him to be able to pedal easily (For reference he’s 37.5″ tall). He can reach the pedals but shifts a little while pedaling. This leads him to push off from the ground rather than use the pedals. The bonus of the bike is the pedals are easily removable so he can just as easily push himself along. As he grows and moves into the balance bike transformation that will end up being a smooth transition.
We really enjoy the handlebar for the bike and that’s why we purchased it. This allows us to push him along as he gets tired or doesn’t want to go any further (not that we are pushing our toddler to the brink of exhaustion lol). The handlebar also allows you to steer the bike making it easy travel (some bikes just have a long bar and it’s not as easy to steer the bike).