I’ve had an update but we have several updates to get through. This Budget Basement Renovation Phase Four will be priming the new wall on the gym side. We also have a few more updates, so you’ll have to watch to see!
It has been a few weeks since I’ve had an update but we have several updates to get through. This phase will be priming the new wall on the gym side. We also have a few more updates, so you’ll have to watch to see!
Outside of the gym wall I will also be priming the basement stairwell.
Electrical ($500) – Budget Basement Renovation Phase Four
This phase is now complete. The are now 4 wall outlets, 2 light switches, and 5 lights. I am buying all of the materials from Home Depot. I am using a slightly larger gauge wire than is needing for the lights to save money (the outlets require a thick gauge but buying about what I need for each costs the same as one coil of wire. I also don’t have to meticulously calculate feet of wire needed).
Paint gym area ($200) – Budget Basement Renovation Phase Four
This is the phase I am in and will be priming the new gym wall today. I am going to paint the walls white but am now planning to paint the ceiling black. I need to prime the drywall first and then start painting. I will roll it which will take more time but will help limit moving equipment.
Vinyl Flooring and wall & window trim – Budget Basement Renovation Phase Four
I have just shy of 700 square feet to cover. I can then install the trim. I will get the flooring and underlayment from LL Flooring. I will likely get the trim boards from Home Depot.
Items for basement – Budget Basement Renovation Phase Four
- Electrical items – not going to list them all other than the materials were about $250. This is project to project (a bunch of wire and many other things that would only make sense if you did the same project).
- Primer – Just using a decent primer from the store
- Couch – purchased from Wayfair a couple years ago.
- Bean bag chairs – Christmas presents
- Teepee – Christmas present
- Basketball Game – Facebook Marketplace
Amazon Items – Budget Basement Renovation Phase Four
- Sengled 100w Equivalent Smart Daylight Bulbs – https://amzn.to/3vy84hR ($40)
- Square Ottomans with Storage – https://amzn.to/3C30NI4 ($15)
- Area Rug 7′ x 10′ – https://amzn.to/3hvJt50 ($75)
- Area Rug 2’3″ x 10′ – https://amzn.to/3tmDR2u ($35)
- Furinno Simplistic Set of 2 End Table – https://amzn.to/3surYbK ($32)
- Furinno 3-Tier Entertainment TV Stand – https://amzn.to/35fYo0W ($38)
- Tilt TV Wall Mount Bracket Low Profile – https://amzn.to/3Kaw9Q3 ($18)
- KILZ 1-Part Acrylic Paint – https://amzn.to/3vztuvf ($32 – 3 gallons so, $96)
- Industrial Pendant Light INNOCCY Edison Hanging Cage Pendant Lights – https://amzn.to/3pt2vxf ($24 for 2 pack, so $48)
- Govee Dual Smart Plug 2 Pack – https://amzn.to/3467c90 ($17)
The Smart TV was from Facebook and so were the foosball table and the basketball game (which everyone loves the basketball game. The two gaming systems are from my kids Grandpa and were Christmas presents. I wanted to have the option to turn the electrical off when I am away as a just in case measure so I purchased the smart plugs. The TV needed to be mounted and I found the one linked above to have good reviews. The end tables and TV stand were more of a “I need to get some finishing touches done, so what looks ok” and I landed on the Furinno ones.
The pendant lights I trimmed the cord some so they would be uniform but the cord length was 48″ I believe so they could hang low if needed. The rugs were approved by my wife and were fairly cost affordable as locally I couldn’t find any decent deals. Used rugs could suffice but then there is the need to clean and issues with any snags or stains. The lights were the most tedious and I wanted Multicolor but the color is so dim when I choose daylight as the setting. I landed on these ones just to keep it bright and need less light fixtures.
For more article like this, click here.
Thank you for checking out the Budget Basement Renovation Phase Four article & video!