I snagged this tub for the Amazon Review Vital Performance sleep rundown and was excited it was in powder form. I liked the fact that it has both collagen as well as some sleep and relaxation components.
Buy it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2ZqS6FH
Amazon Review Vital Performance Sleep – Amazon Description
Vital Performance Sleep Wake up feeling ready to conquer your next training session with VITAL PERFORMANCE Sleep – a combination of 400mg GABA, 230mg magnesium glycinate and 200mg L-theanine that promote a restful night’s sleep. Plus, additional functional ingredients like 5-HTP, L-tryptophan and B vitamins are designed to have you feeling restored so you’re ready to tackle your next-day performance.
This formula is made without gluten, dairy, soy or synthetic colors to support your dietary preferences.
How to Vital Performance Sleep
Sleep is super easy to use. Add 1 scoop to 8 fl oz of hot water, 15-30 minutes before sleep. Stir thoroughly before enjoying. Benefits of Deep Sleep When it comes to post-workout recovery, experts say that sleep – specifically, deep sleep – is vital because it’s when your body restores itself by helping to balance your metabolism and blood sugar levels while also increasing blood flow to your muscles.
Why Vital Performance Sleep
This product skips melatonin and instead boasts tryptophan sources to help boost the body’s natural production of melatonin** so you can reach deep sleep (the restorative stage of sleep) and power through the next day’s workout.
Wake up feeling ready to conquer your next training session with a combination of 400mg GABA, 230mg magnesium glycinate and 200mg L-theanine that promote a restful night’s sleep. Plus, additional functional ingredients like 5-HTP, L-tryptophan and B vitamins are designed to have you feeling ready to tackle your next-day performance.
- GABA – Acting as the body’s leading inhibitory neurotransmitter, GABA is responsible for pumping the brakes on nerve impulses when placed in stressful situations.
- MAGNESIUM – Promotes a more restful night’s sleep by helping to maintain healthy levels of GABA, a neurotransmitter associated with restorative sleep.
- L-THEANINE – An amino acid that increases alpha waves in the brain, thus promoting a steady state of relaxation.
- Add one scoop to 8 fl ounces of hot water, 15-30 minutes before sleep. Stir thoroughly before enjoying.
- Dietary Compliant: Formula is made without gluten, dairy, soy or synthetic colors to support your dietary preferences.
Key Ingredient Highlights
- Magnesium Glycinate – Magnesium is said to promote a more restful night’s sleep by helping to maintain healthy levels of GABA, a neurotransmitter associated with restorative sleep. Think of magnesium as GABA’s equally important partner. They work hand-in-hand. Without magnesium’s ability to increase GABA, the neurotransmitter wouldn’t be able to promote a calm, relaxed state for the body. Magnesium Glycinate, specifically, is the most absorbable form of magnesium on the market.
- L-Theanine – A water-soluble amino acid naturally found in black tea leaves, green tea leaves, and Bay Bolete mushrooms. Research shows that L-theanine promotes an “alert calm” in those who consume it.
- GABA – GABA is the body’s principle inhibitory neurotransmitter. It is responsible for pumping the brakes on our nerve impulses whenever we’re placed in less-than-ideal, stressful situations. A high level of GABA activity indicates a lower chance of overstimulation and a higher chance of feeling calm under pressure.
Amazon Review Vital Performance Sleep – My Take
Overall the product is good at producing a more restful sleep. The product does not have added sweetener though so it’s not this warm treat before bed. There is a subtle hint of flavor coming through and you get this enhanced feeling of relaxation since you have to warm it up, but I wouldn’t say I look forward to drinking this each night. I think with adding some sweetener it would definitely be a clear winner in my book. I did rate it 4 out of 5 for effectiveness, even though the flavor is not great.